Tetley Canada is a Proud Supporter of the Canadian Cancer Society
Tetley is proud to support the Canadian Cancer Society and the breast cancer cause, a disease that impacts multiple individuals and communities across Canada. Being a supporter of the Canadian Cancer Society is our way of providing a little warmth for the many Canadians and their families affected by breast cancer.
About the Canadian Cancer Society
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community-based organization of volunteers whose mission is to eradicate cancer and enhance the quality of life of people living with cancer. Thanks to our donors and volunteers, the CCS has the most impact, against the most cancers, in the most communities in Canada. For more information, visit cancer.ca or call our toll-free bilingual Cancer Information Service at 1-888-939-3333 (TTY 1-866-786-3934).
Breast cancer statistics
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among Canadian women.
- In 2017, it is estimated that 26,300 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in Canada and sadly 5,000 women will die from the disease.
- It is estimated that 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime and 1 in 31 will die from breast cancer.
- More than 80% of breast cancers occur in women who are 50 and over.
- Early detection and increased screening rates combined with better treatment therapies for breast cancer have resulted in a 44% decrease in the breast cancer death rate since the late 1980’s. Breast cancer is still the most common cancer and the second leading cause of cancer death among women in Canada. It is for these reasons that we are committed to supporting breast cancer research, education, and awareness.
Health promotion messaging
The Canadian Cancer Society recommends that whatever your age, you should know what is normal for your breasts and tell your doctor if you notice any changes. The Canadian Cancer Society also recommends that if you are between the ages of 50 and 69, you should also have a mammogram every two years. Mammography is the most reliable method of finding breast cancer and can significantly lower the risk of women in this age group dying from breast cancer. If you are between 40 and 49, talk to your doctor about your risk of breast cancer, along with the benefits and risks of mammography. If you are 70 or older, talk to your doctor about how often you should have a mammogram. For more information, please visit cancer.ca/breastcancer or call 1-888-939-3333.
Breast cancer at the Canadian Cancer Society
Beyond awareness, the Canadian Cancer Society is taking action against breast cancer by:
- Funding high-quality breast cancer research
- Educating women about early detection
- Providing information and support services to those living with breast cancer, ensuring that no one is alone in their journey
Show Your Support
Tetley has contributed over $650,000 to the breast cancer cause since 2001. Your purchase of Tetley products helps us support the Canadian Cancer Society's funding of relevant breast cancer research, education and awareness programs. Find out more at cancer.ca
Guitars for Good
Tetley surprises SickKids volunteer.
Courage in Sight
Tetley surprises founder of skating program for
Run for Change
Tetley surprises founder of homeless running group
A Work of Heart
Surprise local artist fundraising for kids-Kenya