- 1 cup (250 mL) - water
- 2 cups (500 mL) - milk
- 6 bags - Tetley Warmth Herbal Tea
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) - large flaked oats
- Pinch - salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) - maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) - sliced natural almonds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) - dried cranberries
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Pour water and milk into a medium saucepan set over medium heat; bring to a simmer.
- Add tea bags.
- Remove from heat.
- Steep, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Carefully squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible; discard.
- Stir in oats and salt.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until oats are tender.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Divide among 4 bowls.
- Garnish with almonds and cranberries.
- This oatmeal is just as delicious with Tetley Chai Vanilla Tea.
- Use any combination of dried fruits and nuts.
*Per serving: 279 calories, 7 g fat, 6 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrates, 4.5 g fibre, 25 g sugar, 9 g protein.
Try It Now!
Winter Flavour Hacks... with Tetley tea!
Warm your soul this winter with Tetley