- 3 cups (750 mL) - 2% milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) - 35% whipping cream
- 8 bags - Tetley Vanilla Bean Chai Tea
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) - basmati rice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) - granulated sugar
- Pinch - salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) - finely chopped mango
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) - chopped unsalted pistachios
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Difficulty: Low
- Pour milk and cream into a medium saucepan set over medium heat; bring to a simmer.
- Add tea bags.
- Remove from heat.
- Steep, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Carefully squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible; discard.
- Stir in rice, sugar and salt; bring to a simmer.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 30 to 35 minutes or until rice is soft and very tender.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Divide among 4 dishes.
- Garnish with mango and pistachios.
- Just as delicious with Tetley Warmth Tea or Tetley Chai Tea
- If desired, use long grain white rice, instead of basmati.
*Per serving: 325 calories, 25 g fat, 90 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibre, 32 g sugar, 10 g protein.
Try It Now!
How to Make a Tea Latte - 3 ways!
Make Tea Latte with Tetley Teas!
Winter Flavour Hacks... with Tetley tea!
Warm your soul this winter with Tetley