- 1/3 cup (75 mL) - boiling water
- 2 bags - Tetley Mojito Mint Lime Herbal Tea
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) - each lime juice and honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) - white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) - minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) - each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) - canola oil
- 10 cups (2.5 L) - baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups (750 mL) - sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) - thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) - lightly packed fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) - toasted sliced almonds
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty: Low
- Pour the boiling water over the teabags; steep for 5 minutes. Squeeze the teabags well before removing; discard.
- Whisk the tea with the lime juice, honey, vinegar, ginger, salt and pepper; whisk in the oil until combined. (Dressing can be prepared and reserved, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.)
- Toss the spinach with strawberries, onion, mint (if using) and dressing until well coated. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Try substituting the Tetley Cosmo Cranberry Orange Herbal tea for the Mojito Mint and use dried cranberries and fresh orange segments in the salad instead of strawberries.
- To toast the almonds, spread out in a dry skillet set over medium-low heat; stir occasionally until golden and fragrant.
Per serving (1/6th recipe): 184 calories, 11 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrates, 4 g fibre, 11 g sugars, 3 g protein. Excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C.
Try It Now!