- 1 Tetley Steamed Green Lemon Tea bag
- 2 Tetley Steamed Green Ginger Tea bags
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) long-grain rice
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) salt, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) lean ground pork
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 12 large Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped toasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
- Serves: 4
Steep Steamed Green Lemon Tea bag in 1/2 cup (125 mL) boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove tea bag and let cool. Set aside.
In saucepan, bring 1 cup (250 mL) water to boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; steep Steamed Green Ginger Tea bags for 3 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard. Return saucepan to heat; add rice and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff with fork.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; sauté pork, onion, carrot, garlic, ginger and remaining salt for 5 to 6 minutes.
Whisk together reserved tea, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch and hot pepper flakes. Stir into pork mixture and bring to boil; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
Place 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice and 1 heaping tbsp (15 mL) pork mixture on each lettuce leaf. Garnish with green onions, peanuts and cilantro.
Tetley's New Signature Collection
Easy Squeeze More Flavour