- 1/3 cup (75 mL) - water
- 2 bags - Tetley Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) - olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) - lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) - honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) - Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) - each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups (1.5 L) - water
- 8 bags - Tetley Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea
- 2 - cloves garlic
- 2 - bay leaves
- 12 - mini potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tsp (10 mL) - salt
- 1/2 lb (250 g) - green beans, trimmed
- 4 - skinless salmon fillets, about 5 oz (150 g) each
- 1/2 - lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) - halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) - pitted black olives
- 1/2 - red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cups (2 L) - mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 hours
- Serves: 4
- Dressing: Pour water into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour over tea bags. Steep, covered, for 5 minutes. Carefully, squeeze the tea bag to release as much liquid as possible; discard tea bags. Whisk tea with olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt and pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- Salad: Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat. Add tea bags, garlic and bay leaves. Steep, covered, for 5 minutes. Carefully, squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible; discard. Bring to a simmer. Add potatoes and salt.
- Gently boil over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until almost fork tender. Add green beans; continue to cook for 3 to 5 or until potatoes are tender and green beans are tender-crisp. Remove potatoes and green beans, reserving the poaching liquid.
- Reduce heat to low and bring to a very light simmer. Add salmon and lemon slices; poach for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish starts to flake. Remove from poaching liquid. Cool slightly. Flake into chunks; set aside.
- Toss potatoes, green beans, cherry tomatoes, olives and red onion with dressing until coated. Gently toss with greens and salmon. Divide among 4 plates and serve with lemon wedge.
- Hold the dressed potato mixture separately from the greens and salmon to pack for a cold lunch.
- Using tea in the salad dressing adds flavour and reduces the amount of oil and juice needed.
Per serving: 508 calories, 32 g fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrates, 5 g fibre, 8 g sugars, 33 g protein.
Try It Now!
Tetley Poached Salmon Nicoise
Try our Tetley teas in a fresh and innovative way