Mint Chocolate Scones
- 4 bags - Tetley Pure Peppermint Tea
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) - granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) - cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) - baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) - baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) - salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) - cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) - chopped dark chocolate (70%)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) - buttermilk (approx.)
- 1 - egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) - coarse granulated sugar
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Bake time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Remove tea leaves from bag; whisk with flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using pastry cutter or two knives, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs with a few pea-size pieces remaining.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Whisk buttermilk with egg.
- Using fork, stir into flour mixture to make ragged dough; transfer to well-floured work surface and shape into 8-inch (20 cm) round.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheet; brush tops with additional buttermilk and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until firm and flaky.
Try It Now!
Tetley's New Signature Collection!
Easy Squeeze More Flavour