- 2 cups (500 mL) - 35% whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) - whole milk
- 4 bags - Tetley Signature Collection High Tea
- 8 - egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) - granulated sugar
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Bake time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 5 hours
- Difficulty: Medium
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place six 1/2-cup (125 mL) ramekins in a roasting pan; set aside.
- In small saucepan, heat cream with milk over medium heat until steaming and small bubbles form around edge of pan; remove from heat.
- Add tea bags, cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and discard.
- Meanwhile, whisk yolks with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the sugar in heatproof bowl.
- Slowly whisk steaming milk mixture into yolks, adding only a small amount at a time; strain.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared ramekins; skim off any foam.
- Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan so that water comes halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Cover with foil and pierce foil to create steam vents.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until outer edges are set but middle is still slightly jiggly.
- Remove from water bath.
- Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, sprinkle about 2 tsp (10 mL) of the remaining sugar over top of each cooled custard.
- Using a kitchen blowtorch, move flame evenly over top for 1 or 2 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let it cool until top hardens before serving.
Try It Now!
Tetley's New Signature Collection
Easy Squeeze More Flavour