Green Tea & Peach Smoothie
- 1 cup (250 mL) - water
- 5 bags - Tetley Pure Green Tea
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) - almond milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) - packed spinach leaves
- 3 cups (750 mL) - frozen peach slices
- 1 - ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) - honey
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 5 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
Make a large batch of tea and keep it in the fridge for a quick and healthy smoothie. This is a delicious and dairy free way to start the day.
- Pour the water into a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add the tea bags and remove from heat. Steep, covered, for 5 minutes. Carefully squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible; discard. Cool completely.
- Place tea, almond milk and spinach in a blender. Purée until smooth. Add peach, avocado and honey; purée until very smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute mango for the peaches, if desired.
- Avocados contain more potassium than bananas and they’re also loaded with healthy fats, protein and dietary fibre.
Per serving: 166 calories, 6.5 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrates, 4.5 g fibre, 22 g sugars, 5 g protein.
Try It Now!