- 2 cups (500 mL) - honeydew melon chunks
- 2 bags - Tetley Pure Green Tea
- 1 cup (250 mL) - boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) - vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) - honey (optional)
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 2 hours
- Difficulty: Easy
Give yourself a daily boost of the goodness of Tetley Pure Green Tea with this deliciously unique smoothie. Melon and green tea also provide low calorie hydration to keep you refreshed and satisfied between meals.
- Arrange the honeydew on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer until frozen; transfer to a re-sealable freezer bag. (Melon can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.)
- Meanwhile, steep the tea bags in boiling water for 5 minutes; discard the bags. Cool the tea to room temperature.
- Combine the frozen honeydew, tea, yogurt and honey (if using) in a blender and purée until very smooth. Serve immediately. Makes 3 cups (750 mL).
- Make this smoothie anytime you like by freezing extra melon in advance and portioning into separate, re-sealable freezer bags.
- Experiment with other combinations of Tetley Teas and fruit for equally delicious smoothies such as Chai tea with frozen cantaloupe, Bellini or Pina Colada teas with a frozen tropical fruit medley.
Per serving (1 1/2 cups/375 mL): 124 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibre, 22 g sugars, 3 g protein. Excellent source of vitamin C.
Try It Now!