- 3 Tetley Ayurvedic Balance Vigour – Kapha Tea bags
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) applesauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sunflower oil, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) gluten-free corn bread mix
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) egg replacer
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch ground allspice and cloves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) raspberries
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
In saucepan, bring almond milk to simmer; add tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard. Let cool; whisk in applesauce, 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil and vanilla.
In separate bowl, whisk together gluten-free corn bread mix, baking powder, egg replacer, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, allspice and cloves; stir into applesauce mixture until just combined (batter will be lumpy). Fold in cranberries. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat; brush with some of the remaining oil. Drop scant 1/4 cup (60 mL) portions of batter into skillet, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. In batches, cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are set and golden; flip over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden on bottoms and cooked through, adding remaining oil as needed. Hold cooked pancakes in warm oven until ready to serve. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle raspberries over top.
Tip: For a crunchy and healthy topping, sprinkle with flax, chia or sunflower seeds.
Try It Now!
Chef Lauren Marshall's Avurvedic Dosha
Ayurvedic Dosha Crunch recipes
Tetley Ayurvedic Balance Herbals
Which do you need today?
Chef Lauren Marshalls Ayurvedic Porridge
Try this hearty morning pick-me-up
Tetley TEA Talks - Food and Balance
Chef Lauren Marshall shares tips!