- 1 2/3 cups (400 mL) - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) - cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) - salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) - unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) - icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) - granulated sugar
- 2 bags - Tetley Earl Grey Vanilla Tea
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) - 35% whipping cream
- 1 bag - Tetley Earl Grey Vanilla Tea
- 1 cup (250 mL) - icing sugar
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 2 hours
- Yield: 40 cookies
- Difficulty: Medium
- Stir flour with cornstarch and salt until combined; set aside.
- Place butter, icing sugar and granulated sugar in a separate bowl.
- Open tea bags and add leaves to bowl.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture; beat on low just until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into two portions and form into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) square-shaped logs.
- Wrap and chill for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to slice easily.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut each log into 1/4-inch (5mm) thick slices and place 1-inch (2.5 cm) apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, in batches, for 15 to 20 minutes or until pale golden on the bottom.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- In microwave, heat cream for 30 seconds or until steaming.
- Open tea bag and add leaves to cream.
- Stir and steep for 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir in icing sugar until smooth.
- Spoon into re-sealable plastic bag; snip a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Drizzle over the shortbread.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until the glaze is set
- If cookies feel soft when cutting them, pop baking sheet into the fridge or freezer for 5 to 10 minutes before baking.
- Hold trays of sliced cookie dough in the fridge between batches.
*Per serving: 146 calories, 9.5 g fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrates, 0.5 g fibre, 5 g sugar, 0.5 g protein.
Try It Now!
Tetley Earl Grey Vanilla Shortbread
Indulge in the classic with a little something