- 2 cups (500 mL) - 35% whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) - 2% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) - granulated sugar
- 6 bags - Tetley Earl Grey Tea
- 1 - strip lemon peel, about 2-inches (5 cm) long
- 1 pkg (7g) - unflavoured gelatin powder
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 6 hours
- Serves: 4
- Difficulty: Medium
- Heat cream, half of the milk and sugar in a saucepan set over medium heat until the mixture starts to simmer around the edges of the pan.
- Add tea bags and lemon peel.
- Remove from heat.
- Steep, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the gelatin over the remaining milk; let stand for 5 minutes or until gelatin has softened.
- Carefully squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible; discard along with lemon peel.
- Stir in gelatin mixture; whisk until dissolved.
- Strain through coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Divide the mixture among 4 tea cups, ramekins or small dome-shaped bowls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or until set.
- Garnish panna cotta with berries and serve with a shortbread cookie.
- Panna cottas can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept chilled until ready to serve.
*Per serving: 40 calories, 40 g fat, 165 mg cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 14 g sugar, 3.5 g protein.
Try It Now!