- 4 Tetley Ayurvedic Balance Poise – Vata Tea bags
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 6 cups (1.5 L) vegetable broth
- 2 lb (1 kg) peeled, chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled chopped sweet potato
- 1 can (14 oz/400 mL) coconut milk
- 4 tsp (20 mL) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) yogurt (optional)
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4 to 6
Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, leek, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Add broth; bring to boil. Stir in butternut squash and sweet potato; reduce heat to medium-low.
Add tea bags; cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are soft and tender. Remove tea bags and discard. Using hand blender, purée until smooth. Stir in coconut milk and maple syrup; return to simmer. Spoon into bowls. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and dollop of yogurt (if using).
Tip: Substitute herbs, such as cilantro or parsley, for pumpkin seeds if desired.
Try It Now!
Chef Lauren Marshall's Avurvedic Dosha
Ayurvedic Dosha Crunch recipes
Tetley Ayurvedic Balance Herbals
Which do you need today?
Chef Lauren Marshalls Ayurvedic Porridge
Try this hearty morning pick-me-up
Tetley TEA Talks - Food and Balance
Chef Lauren Marshall shares tips!