- 2/3 cup (150 mL) - 2% milk
- 2 - Tetley Signature Collection Citrus Kiss Tea Bags
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) - butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) - granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) - lemon zest
- 2 - eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) - all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) - baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) - baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) - salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) - fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) - water
- 1 Tetley - Tetley Signature Collection Citrus Kiss Tea Bag
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) - icing sugar
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour & 20 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line 9- x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In small saucepan, heat milk with tea bags until steaming and small bubbles form around edge of pan.
- Remove from heat; cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, squeeze and discard.
- Set milk tea aside; let cool.
- Beat together butter, sugar and lemon zest until fluffy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir into butter mixture alternately with cooled milk tea, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of milk tea.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Spread batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in centre of oven for about 1 hour or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Place pan on rack.
- Bring water to boil and pour over tea bag.
- Steep for 5 minutes; discard tea bag.
- Whisk in icing sugar until smooth.
- Using skewer, pierce hot loaf in 12 places; pour glaze over loaf.
- Let loaf cool in pan for 30 minutes; turn out on rack and let cool completely.
- Be sure to poke holes right through to the bottom of the loaf to allow the Citrus Kiss flavour to permeate the entire cake.
Try It Now!
Tetley's New Signature Collection
Easy Squeeze More Flavour