Breakfast Bliss Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- 6 Tetley Super Herbal Tea Antiox bags – Apple, Cinnamon and Turmeric with Vitamin C
- 4 cups (1 L) soy milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) large-flake oats
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) maple syrup, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chia seeds
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 red apples, cored and diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes (+ 8 hours 30 minutes standing time)
- Serves: 4
- In saucepan set over medium heat, warm soy milk for 6 to 8 minutes or until steaming and small bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat. Add tea bags; steep for 8 to 10 minutes or until well flavoured. Remove tea bags and discard. Let cool completely.
- Stir together soy milk tea, oats, 4 tbsp (60 mL) maple syrup, chia seeds and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add butter to small saucepan set over medium heat and allow butter to melt. Add apples and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add remaining maple syrup, cinnamon and lemon juice; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Divide oat mixture among 4 serving bowls. Top evenly with apples.
Tip: Sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans if desired.
Try It Now!