- 4 Tetley Blueberry Ginseng Herbal Tea bags
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black tapioca pearls (boba)
- Milk, sweetened condensed milk or almond milk (optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) ice
- Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2
Steep Blueberry Ginseng Tea bags in 3 cups (750 mL) boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove tea bags and let cool. Refrigerate until cold.
Simple Syrup: In saucepan, bring sugar and water to boil over medium heat; boil for 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Let cool and set aside.
Divide steeped tea between two tall glasses. Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) black tapioca pearls (boba) and 2 tbsp (30 mL) simple syrup to each glass. (Refrigerate remaining syrup in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
For milky bubble tea, add desired amount of milk, sweetened condensed milk or almond milk. Top with ice.
- Purchase ready-to-use black tapioca pearls (boba) online or in specialty stores.
- To make your own boba: Bring 3 cups (750 mL) water to boil over medium-high heat; stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried black tapioca pearls. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 18 minutes; remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes. Add boba to simple syrup and let cool.
- Increase recipe as desired. Make bubble tea at home with steeped tea, simple syrup and black tapioca pearls (boba).
Try It Now!