- 2 cups (500 mL) - water
- 1 cup (250 mL) - granulated sugar
- Pinch - salt
- 8 bags - Tetley Bellini Herbal Tea
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) - lemon juice
- 1 - peach, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) - raspberries
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 9 hours
- Serves: 6
- Difficulty: Medium
- Pour the water into a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stir in sugar and salt.
- Add the tea bags and remove from heat.
- Steep, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible; discard.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour into a 9-inch (2.5 L) square metal baking pan.
- Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Break into chunks and transfer to a food processor.
- Purée until smooth.
- Scrape into an airtight container.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Can be prepared and stored in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Scoop sorbet into 6 serving dishes.
- Top evenly with peaches and raspberries.
- For a Tetley Mint Bellini sorbet, use 6 Tetley Bellini Tea bags and 2 Tetley Peppermint Tea bags.
- As an alternative to using a metal pan, the initial tea mixture can also be poured into a standard ice cube tray, which produces easy to handle frozen cubes for puréeing.
*Per serving: 149 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrates, 1.5 g fibre, 35 g sugars, 0.5 g protein.
Try It Now!