What is Ayurveda?
Originating from India’s Vedic culture over 5,000 years ago, Ayurveda is a system of knowledge that views the balancing of mind, body and spirit as the key to holistic well-being.
In Ayurveda, the universe is made up of 5 elements: Air, Fire, Water, Earth and Space. From the combination of these elements, Ayurveda recognizes 3 doshas or energies that describe our physical and mental states.
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
- The mind is everything. What you think you become.
- I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
- Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart.
Ancient Indian Proverb
- Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see.
- Fall seven times and stand up eight.
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
- Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
- You become what you believe.
- It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
- Relaxation is the prerequisite for that inner expansion that allows a person to express the source of inspiration and joy within.
- Activity and rest are two vital aspects of life. To find a balance in them is a skill in itself. Wisdom is knowing when to have rest, when to have activity, and how much of each to have. Finding them in each other - activity in rest and rest in activity - is the ultimate freedom.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- The ingredients of both darkness and light are equally present in all of us,...The madness of this planet is largely a result of the human being's difficulty in coming to viruous balance with himself.
Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
- What is joy without sorrow? What is success without failure? What is a win without a loss? What is health without illness? You have to experience each if you are to appreciate the other. There is always going to be suffering. It's how you look at your suffering, how you deal with it, that will define you.
- The major work of the world is not done by geniuses. It is done by ordinary people, with balance in their lives, who have learned to work in an extraordinary manner.
Gordon B. Hinckley
- Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend.
The Beatles, We Can Work It Out
Find Your Balance
Inspired by the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda, Tetley Ayurvedic Balance Teas have been expertly crafted to help you find balance in your life. Take this short quiz to discover your dosha and how our teas can help you find balance.What's my Dosha?